I wanted to believe. I wanted to believe this country could do this. But we didn’t, so I want to say, now: Hold each other up, hold each other, we will do our damndest to make sure as many of us as possible make it. Please don’t kill yourselves. I know how painful it is to watch over half the country vote, in essence, for (at the least, an effort at) the total destruction of human rights here. I know what it’s like to want to die. I know what it’s like to be close to it. But please don’t. Hold each other up. Hold each other. Please try to survive. Find any reason you can. Remember that your existence is defiance.
Please stay alive.
Here are some resources, I originally created them for a support group I’m part of – they are mostly taken from my mental health resources page. Some of them are specific to certain identities, like gender or racial identities.
- Please don’t kill yourselves by glumshoes on Tumblr
- Websites For When You Need Distractions
- You feel like shit. (can possibly help with the day to day stuff that needs to get done still)
- Trans Lifeline (suicide/mental health hotline for trans people)
- crisischat.org – Live and Anonymous Chat (no phone necessary)
- Your Life, Your Voice (from Boys Town, includes text and phone based chats)
- Vent app (basically an app for venting about things and finding other people who care)
- My Self-Care Kit at The Body is Not an Apology
- The Quiet Place Project (you can type your thoughts in and the words disappear and fall down the page)
- How to care for cuts
- How to care for burns
- Alternatives to self-harm
- Self-care for People of Color after Emotional and Psychological Trauma
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network
- QTPOC Art as Self-Care
- Calming Masterpost
Other Blog Posts on Moving Forward
- In This Darkest of Times We Fight On at the Establishment
- I See You I Welcome You, All Peoples Standing Together by Andrea Shettle
- Things have been stupid and shitty before (progress comes in fits and bursts) by glumshoe on Tumblr